Sunday, October 18, 2009

New Year

Today is the first day of the new year according to the Hindu calendar. I wasn't able to go home for Diwali because of the amount of studying I need to do, but I am still able to celebrate it while I'm at school by keeping the spirit alive in my heart. I know it sounds corny but I don't know how to describe it without sounding like a Hallmark card..

So some good news--I honored the Intro module! Top 10% Babyyyyy! I was very excited when I found out and I got that boost I needed to sustain my motivation. All the effort is not going to waste! Well not that it would be going to waste considering I will be needing all of this information pretty much forever. But yeah, the gratification is cool haha!


Yesterday I went to see Where the Wild Things Are. It was a really good movie. It was a lot more serious than I thought it would be, definitely above the heads of all the cutie-pies in the theater. There was a lot of symbolism and metaphorical content that really made me appreciate the movie. I thought it was beautifully done. I especially liked the handling of the camera--some of the camera angles during certain scenes really set a mood or atmosphere for the movie. It was deep and thought-provoking. I really liked it and now I wanna reread the book haha..

I did a lot of reflecting and thinking yesterday. I think because it's Diwali and an opportunity to turn over a new leaf I had to be my normal self and overthink things haha. I did some writing to get some clarity and clarity was attained. I feel like I am refreshed mentally and emotionally and I am ready to face whatever challenges come my way this year. You hear that world? BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment