Saturday, June 6, 2009

More of the Usual

Ahh it's been a few busy days so I haven't had much time to post. I've just been busy doing the usual house preparation stuff and landscaping stuff. One exciting thing though---yesterday was my sister's prom! I did her hair and makeup and she really looked beautiful! I was especially glad because it was my first time doing anyone's hair in a formal updo. I guess I'm a natural..but I was seriously just relieved it looked good haha!

We got two BIG rugs for the living room and formal dining room so we set those up today and also moved a bunch of furniture around. It was a hectic day but we accomplished a lot so it feels nice to be tired in a productive way. I start work on Monday so that's really gonna change up my schedule. Today I did a practice drive up with my mom cuz I'm not used to driving her SUV and also I've never been there so I wanted to see how to go since I'll be going for work on Monday. It's gonna be a smooth ride (and not just cuz of the lexus..though that does help hehe)

I've read over half of A Brief History of Time at this point and I'm really enjoying it. I love thinking about black holes and antimatter and so this book is really stimulating. I know a lot of the facts but I know through time I'll probably reread this book to the point that I have them memorized (yesss! with every day and every page I'm one step closer to being a wise old person!) I am speeding along nicely at my rate of 1.3 chapters a day! I think after this I'll switch gears and reach for a different field since I've been gravitating (haha appropriate word!) towards physics lately. I've been meaning to pick up an Atul Gawande book from the library so that may be next!

Alright well not much else to share today..time is just creeping along as I struggle to squeeze as much work and fun and responsibilities into the days. But man, I am loving summer weather right now! I hope I get to go play tennis or at least toss a football around tomorrow. Well, tata for now!

Haha this is kinda cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment