Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Noise, noise go away

Did we fit this many people in my house?

Ah, things are hectic. Way too hectic for my taste. I am busier than I've been in a long time (maybe even more than I've ever been!) and it's overwhelming. I don't know how my parents are able to keep their composure and energy up. I come home from work, mentally drained from the boredom. My eyes are seriously glazed over as I walk from the hospital doors to my car, and even along the hour drive home. I look out but I don't really see anything, I don't focus in on anything.

I come home and then I help out in the kitchen, preparing for dinner. Then I help serve the three families that dine together. And then I eat within 5-10 minutes and start cleaning the kitchen. By the time the kitchen work is done, it's like an hour to an hour and half before I should go to bed. Should being the operative word there (in case the italics didn't do it for you) And then I finally sit down on my bed, waste a bunch of time on my laptop, sleep way too late and then wake up groggy. The working life sucks!

Which is why I can't wait to get back to my familiar routine of studying! I am seriously so bored by the life I live right now. I get alone time at all the wrong times and when I want the peace and quiet more than anything, I'm surrounded by a horde of kids. It is ridiculous!

Oh and I haven't played tennis in over a week now. I don't know if I'll be able to play anytime soon since there's always so much to do around the house (and my Jimminy Cricket LOVES to work overtime!) I need to figure out a new workout schedule. I don't even wanna bother trying to use the on demand videos I get because I know every single person in the house will just sit there, observing me as I (try to) contort my body into whatever shape the shapely pilates instructor effortlessly adapts. Privacy is a lot to ask for these days.

I guess the bottom line is:
Anuja, where are you?

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha jiminy cricket =) Aw you should work out with devansi and u guys can wear matching outfits and headbands and do jazzercize when everyone else is sleeping haha. Thats crazy though, cheaper by the 15! I hope you make it out alive!

    ReplyDelete