Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Up and Feynman

You know when it rains and it's just warm and soothing...it's one of those rains outside. It's calming and gentle and unless you look really hard you can't even tell it's raining...The only bad thing is that my tennis plans for today are interrupted. But it's okay, at least it's for a nice rain and not a mean one!


So I ended up seeing Up with my brother and sister yesterday. It was really good! It was a little more serious than what I would've expected but I think that added to it. There were some sad parts in the movie and I felt...sad. But there were definitely enough funny moments to compensate. The animation was really good and the plot was nice. There were points that I thought would be a little too scary for kids but I was able to make it through those by watching through the slits between my fingers as I covered my eyes hehe! But yeah so DEFINITELY worth seeing!! And it really made me want a balloon hahaha!

After the movie I ended up going to play tennis...it was so odd! When I walked into the theater it was pouring outside. And when I walked out, it was bright and sunny and you couldn't even tell it had rained! So weird. But I definitely took advantage of the dry weather and played tennis. It was a perfect night for it too...the air was cool and there was just the slightest breeze. There were a bunch of people at the courts so we had to wait for about half an hour for a court but it was definitely worth the wait! My game is improving with every time I go..I can't wait to play at my high school level! =)

This morning I woke up and finished the Feynman book I was reading. It was sad to finish it. But I really enjoyed it. He made my list of favorite men. (Top contenders on that list are Stephen Colbert, Thomas Friedman, Jim Henson, Paul Krugman, Bill Clinton, Jack Sparrow, Clive Owen, Bill Cosby and now Richard Feynman). But yeah so that book was entertaining and amusing and I felt so privileged to know the thoughts of someone who really 'lived'. I was just thinking of how maybe I knew more about him than some of the students he had taught and how weird that is. Definitely read it!

I spent some time doing a crossword and watching TV. Now I'm off to play tennis. More later =)

2 comments:

  1. Your posting is really cute, I can't tell if you are in your 20s or if you are 5 =) But I'm guessing the former since its all written so well. I liked the nice rain comment, I live in the south and its fittin to rain over hear really soon. In fact, I want it to rain already, since its so humid out.

    I have yet to watch up, but your review makes me want to see it very much. Its on my to-do list. And yeah, Feynmann is a genius =) I'm glad he's made your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You needn't be sad about finishing your Feynman book. There are plenty of others you can read! Search for "Feynman" at Amazon.com and you will see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete