Friday, March 27, 2009

Beautiful Weather!

It's been a few days since I've posted...I don't really know why. I've just been sort of sitting around the house, planning the chores and housework around my TV schedule. It's really a great feeling--making TV the priority of my day. I love spring break. I get to do things I wouldn't normally do while at school. I sleep late and wake up relatively late, watch many hours of TVs and movies a day, read for fun for hours! It's nice to be able to pick up a book that has less academic value than even business textbooks (oh snap!). Also, I've been able to do pooja every morning since I've been home--definitely the best perk of all!

I watched Tropic Thunder last night. I must say, I was disappointed. It's not that the movie wasn't entertaining. I guess it just didn't match the hype that surrounded it. I have had several people tell me that it's hilarious and while it did have its moments, there were some hefty lulls thrown in there. Trust me, I felt the weight of those lulls!

I started my Harry Potter rereads and I decided to skip over Book 5. Umbridge is just about the most annoying character in the whole series and the second I realized book 5 was the one with her, I moved on to Book 6. I'm about 180 pages in and my admiration for J.K. Rowling doubles with every page. Seriously...I don't understand how someone can come up with such an intricate plot. I've written short stories before and the thought of writing an entire novel that doesn't take the form of a memoir is so daunting to me. I don't know how these writers come up with a story that can span so many pages. It's remarkable. I remember when I was in my prime, reading Babysitters Club, I started to write a novel. It was centered on Stacy's character (obviously..she was the most exciting!). I don't remember how long it got to be before I moved on to reading Nancy Drew and left the novel project.

I've been finding some really interesting people on blogger. I usually check out the blogs of note and then expand from there. Some people have such a unique blogging style and it's fun to read other people's perspectives on life. Sometimes, as creepy as it seems, I feel like I really know that person so well from having read just a few posts from her blog. I don't know...I just know that I really like connecting with strangers and fully appreciating how universal some thoughts and feelings are.

Alright time to go outside and soak in some of this beautiful weather =)

No comments:

Post a Comment