Monday, March 16, 2009

Some life lessons are costly

Good morning! I slept in until 10 this morning...hooray for days that start at 2! Last night I was up kind of late watching a movie. I saw Paycheck with Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman. It's a really interesting movie. It's about a guy who is doing some covert operations for the government but in order to prevent the secrets from leaking out, the government erases the guy's memories. So essentially, he is missing chunks of his life that were spent doing these missions. I wouldn't be willing to do that for any sum of money. To lose that much time of my life is nuts! I think I'd rather just go through this many years of schooling and become a doctor..you know, make money the traditional way.

Also I was reading about Madoff this morning. I can't believe how easy it is for someone to do something like this for years and not get caught until 2 decades (or 1, according to him) later! My opinion is that the investors really have some fault in this. I do think what Madoff did was wrong but for all these investors to claim that they are 'victims'? Yeah, someone wronged you but you did CHOOSE to give the guy all of your life savings! And when someone promises returns that high, you know there's a high risk involved. I don't understand why anyone would trust someone who seems to have a high risk plan with all of their money. Those people really should've been wise about how they're investing. In the end, it's your money and whatever you do with it, you deal with the consequences. I think it's foolish to trust someone who is proposing a risky plan with most of your money. Maybe I'm conservative and maybe I'm a bit harsh, but hey, at least I'm not broke!

I'm gonna go play squash at the gym pretty soon. I'm excited cuz I really love playing squash! I have tickets to a screening of Knowing (Nicholas Cage) tonight. The trailer looks kinda cool so it should be a good time. Either way, it's free so who cares if it's good right! Alright off to the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment