Saturday, March 28, 2009

Some thoughts before bedtime


Just finished fixing the computer...AGAIN! It's kinda annoying having to refix the computer so often but at least I get a feeling of satisfaction afterward =)

I started Michael Clayton and got interrupted for hours every 10 minutes soo I didn't get to watch too much of it. Oh well, I'll try again tomorrow! I didn't even get to read that much today. My mom and I had a little argument today but that is resolved. I've learned to sort of avoid conflict when I know my parents are stressed and today I think I got involved in something I could've avoided pretty easily. You could say I was being a 'nosy neighbor' (hahaha if you know what I mean...chances are you probably don't). But yeah so the good thing I got out of the whole episode was that I can let go of frustration or anger pretty quickly. We didn't really have a formal make-up and I don't think we really needed to either. I'm happy and she's happy and that's really all it comes down to, right?

In other news, I've decided to try my hand (fingertips?) at writing (typing?) a novel! Let's see if it ends up being a short story, which is what I can very easily see happening. Today I did some brainstorming and come up with a few different major themes, plots, and motifs to work with. Tomorrow I'm gonna narrow down my focus a little and see where I go from there. I'm really excited about this and I don't really care if it ends up being a short story. Maybe I could make an anthology with all of the ideas I brainstormed today! That would be pretty awesome! It's not something I am doing with the aim of getting published. I think sharing it with some close friends and discussing it over a coffee or lunch date suffices =)

Ohh so what's really exciting me right now is my sister coming to stay with me in Philly for a week! I've been busy planning out what we will do that week and it's shaping up to be a nice week! I'm thinking of taking her to the US Mint, Independence Hall and Liberty Bell because all these years that I've been in Philly I haven't really visited any of those places. Also, we're going to go to the Poe Historic Site and the Mutter Museum. Also the Art Museum and biking on Kelly Drive. I'm really excited!! As for food, (trust me, this was reeeeally hard to narrow down and will probably change a gazillion times before and after she gets to Philly) we're going to Mad Mex (yay cheap!), Little Pete's for some yummy waffles, Pietro's for the pizza, Magic Carpet, and some Thai place (banana leaf? penang?). It's gonna be an expensive but fun week! I can't wait =D

Alright I think I should get to bed cuz since everyone's home tomorrow, I can't see myself being granted any quiet after 9 am. (And these days that's considered early! Ohhh break, how I love you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment