Sunday, April 26, 2009

Fields of Dandelions (my original remake of Sting?)

It's sooo beautiful out! I know my posts are beginning repetitively but I can't help it...it's GORGEOUS!

Yesterday I went to the park and played tennis. It was wonderful to be out and filling my lungs with the fresh spring air! Although I feel like we did sort of skip over spring weather and jumped straight into the 80 degree summer days! Ah, well I shouldn't be too upset cuz it's just a matter of a few days and then the rainy April days will spill over into May!

I was going to play tennis this morning but that didn't happen. No regrets though..I spent some time with my family and it's been great. This weekend was an excellent one. A facebook revolution swept through my home and now my brother and sister have crossed over! It's kind of exciting to have them on facebook but it's definitely a real eye-opener at how fast everyone is growing up..


Since I referenced childhood, I'm gonna share a story that my mom and I were remembering this morning. (Okay, okay, I only referenced it so I could follow up with the story haha) When we were younger and spring would arrive, my siblings and I would run outside to the 'beautiful yellow flowers' that were growing in our yard. Pairing them with the exquisite green flower-like things in the yard we would make a bouquet. We would run inside with our gatherings and present them to my mom. Little did we know they were just glorified weeds! We did this EVERY spring for years and nobody ever had the heart to tell us they are just weeds haha..good times =)

Now I'm just doing some work since most of my weekend was spent on facebook. Pretty soon it will be lunch time and I am super excited because we are making bhel! Then it's back to Philly. Train ride should be good because I am planning on reading more of Unaccustomed Earth. That book has got me all sorts of down and I am anticipating finishing it. I like the book but my mind gets thinking a bit too much and a bit too negatively so finishing will definitely be a good thing!

Alright time to learn about the reticular formation and then the sleep cycle (insert corny joke about hoping that lecture doesn't put me to sleep here)..

No comments:

Post a Comment