Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ouch

Soo apparently I pulled something in my lower back. Luckily it only hurts when I lean forward or backward so as long as I'm sitting up straight I'm fine. I can walk just finei too so it's not too bad. But sometimes I forget that I have pain and I'll reach for something. Ouch!

Last night I was on the phone with one of my friends for 2 hours. It was probably the longest phone conversation I've had in a while and it was long overdue. It's nice to take a break and catch up with close friends =). I fully buffered the other boleyn girl thinking I would watch but the conversation flowed freely and it was late when I finished soo I went to sleep right away. Oh well! I can watch the movie anytime! Maybe even tonight..

I was talking to my mom this morning on the phone and the conversation drifted to marriage (she likes talking about marriage as much as rachel ray likes frozen chopped spinach -_-). She asked me to tell her the characteristics I'd want in a guy and then she was telling me that the things I want are very idealistic. That's just great! What I realized was that she has a very different perception of men than I do. I can understand what she is saying, especially when I consider it in the context of her upbringing. But sometimes she fails to realize that even though people are pretty much the same everywhere, there are definitely some gems among the mix. (ha gems..what a Disney princess word to use) And the things I would be looking for are things I have seen in people before. I am not basing anything off of my idea of prince charming. My ideas are formulated from people I have interacted with and the things I liked or didn't like about them. I bring all this up not as a way to post a personal...but rather to point out the generation gap. Sometimes I feel like our parents don't credit us for the thoughts we have and the experiences we have. Obviously they have more experience and maturity beyond our capacity but that doesn't mean we don't have any. I think parents should respect our thoughts and realize that we may have some understanding that they may lack. It's not a matter of being right or wrong or being better off or worse off...it's about every person having a different set of experiences that brings them to where they are today. Parents can overlook our individuality because they feel that they know better. And even if that is true (which is probably is most of the time) we still need to live our own lives and learn our own lessons. I hope when I'm a parent I am able to grant my children the creative freedom and the respect they deserve for being individuals.

Ahh I've gone on for so long! My bath is ready. I figured taking a bath in the jacuzzi would help with the back pain. And even if it doesn't...=)

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment