Friday, April 10, 2009

What's cuter than a Maltese puppy!


I'm back at home for the weekend now! My sister's visit to Philly is officially over. It was a fun week with practically no studying. I will have to compensate this upcoming week but it's okay...it was all worth it! We went to the Liberty Bell and US Mint and Congress Hall on Wednesday. Then we strolled down South Street and went into a few quirky shops. We ended the day with a visit to Barnes and Noble and then dinner at Pietro's (best pizza in Philly in my opinion!). Then on Thursday we went to the park and tossed around a football for hours--I can't think of anything that would make me happier on a beautiful spring afternoon. Then we went to Pattaya Grill for dinner and laser tag in the quad afterwards! This morning, we went to Marathon Grill/Qdoba for brunch and then came home. All in all, a relaxing week in Philly!

This weekend I'm just planning on doing a lot of work and then going to my aunt's baby shower on Sunday morning. Then back to Philly!

So late last week President Papadakis (Drexel), passed away. It's so weird and sad at the same time. He has done a lot for the school and I think the saddest thing is how students as little as 2 years from now won't recognize his contributions. This pertains to society in general--it's crazy how short-lived people's lives really are. I guess we just have to touch the lives of the people around us and that's what a real legacy is.

I watched Marley & Me with my sister a few days ago. It was a pretty good movie! Not because of the acting or anything like that but the story itself was funny/touching. I have always wanted to have a dog--a Maltese puppy to be exact. They are perfect for me...small and friendly and playful! I really want to get one and so this movie was perfect for a dog-lover like me!

Okay enough procrastinating! I'm gonna start doing some work now...let's see if I remember how to study. It HAS been 3 weeks since I've memorized anything ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment