Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Something Intangible

I just saw a great play---so great it warrants a second post for today. It's called Something Intangible and it was at the Arden Theater. It was about two brothers, based on Walt and Roy Disney, and it explored the struggles inherent in their relationship. The struggles mainly rooted from envy and misunderstanding and it was interesting to see how they played out. The acting was superb and I think that is a reason the play really struck me. It was interesting how the character based on Walt Disney was so consumed by his ideas and making them come to life. An interesting point that arose was the feeling that comes along with knowing that you can never do anything better than what you've just done. Feeling that you're at the peak of your development must be such a sad feeling. That really shook me when he came to that realization, when he recognized that his journey from that point onwards would be downhill. I hope I never feel that way about anything, in terms of career, family, or life in general.

After the play, I walked from 2nd street to 15th street to catch the Drexel shuttle. The weather was beautiful and the conversation was enlightened, making for a wonderful walk back. (And I am using wonderful in its literal sense--truly full of wonder). Well, I'm gonna read the new book I started today: Howard's End. Off to reading and then a night full of sweet dreams =)

No comments:

Post a Comment