Friday, May 1, 2009

Rain rain go away


TGIF! Except not really, since I've been living all of my days as if it's the weekend. In the past week, my life has become a Weekenders marathon (minus Tish's mom). I have had a really light schedule in terms of classes. There's still work to be done but the hours I save from having only one class really helps me alleviate my workload. I still get this strange feeling from relaxing so much--like I'm not supposed to be doing this. But I guess all of that will change soon enough so I might as well enjoy!

The past few days have all sort of been a blur to me. I played tennis one of the mornings. It was great to play and the weather was so crisp, accounting for my endurance to play an hour and half. I also made baked ziti with broccoli one of the days. Turned out great! I actually had to use fresh ricotta, shredded from a block. I have never done that before so it was interesting. I also did a few crossword puzzles online. It's my new thing--I wanna get smart, like in terms of general knowledge. I feel like doing these crossword puzzles is a nice way to gain knowledge while also having fun. I may even do one after I finish posting!

I have been reading my new E.M. Forster book, Howard's End. I think I'm about 60 pages in. I definitely like it so far. It reminds me of Jane Austen, with the same busy body characters and dialogue throughout the story. There are some dry funny moments as well. I do miss Mr. Bennett though; there's no equivalent in here! But overall, I'm definitely liking this book.

Funny story--so remember how I was reading Unaccustomed Earth. Yeah, I quit that book with only 80 pages to go. I just couldn't finish it. The overall tone of the book is empty and sad and I was feeling depressed by it. I kept seeing myself in the characters and wondering if that's the course my life will take. I couldn't stand my thoughts after reading it so I just stopped. I returned it to the library two days ago. Yesterday, I had dance practice for one of my close friend's sister's wedding and she gave me a ride to practice. On the way there, I look down and I see Unaccustomed earth! It's like in those scary movies when the thing you try to throw away keeps appearing! I was like OMG did you get that from the library? When did you get that?! It was a pretty amusing coincidence!

Alright time to get to that crossword puzzle...nothing better to do on a rainy day =D

No comments:

Post a Comment